Make a difference in a kid’s life
Sign up to get involved, or learn about any of our volunteer activities.
Volunteering to be a supportive role model for a young person can be life-changing. Our volunteers teach bike skills, provide moral support, and help kids meet challenges. They also tune bikes, secure donations, write grants, build community support, and make it all happen behind the scenes. Come share your time and expertise with youth.
- Ride Leader
- Group Organizer
- Reach out to the community as a Kid Coordinator
- Create content for our website and social media
- Bike and facilities maintenance
- Fundraising and grant writing
You can also sign up for our mailing list to receive announcements of upcoming rides and events.
- Acts as liaison between the group organizer and TFKSC on behalf of TFKSC.
- Ensures that the group organizer completes required forms and paperwork prior to the ride.
- Ensures TFKSC requirements for a ride are satisfied.
- Ensures everyone has an awesome experience on the ride.
For a complete and current description, view the Lead Volunteer Ride Checklist.
- Acts as liaison between the group and TFKSC.
- Requests and confirms a ride date with TFKSC.
- Completes required forms and paperwork prior to the ride.
- Coordinates transportation of riders to and from the ride start location.
- Research youth organizations for possible participation in TFKSC
- Contact and set up presentations with potential local youth organizations
- Make presentations to potential groups
- Assist with information packet preparation and distribution
- Attend local community events and fairs to promote TFKSC
- Follow up with potential participant organizations
- Participate in TFKSC rides to experience how we positively effect kids
Website and social media
- Help maintain and continue to develop the TFKSC website.
- Keep pictures and posts up to date.
- Post updates to our Facebook page.
Bike and facilities maintenance
- Repair and maintain our fleet of approximately 30 mountain bikes at our facility.
- Maintain electronic and paper files related to rides and riders.
- Maintain and repair facility interior and exterior.
Fundraising and grant writing
- Apply for local fundraising opportunities with restaurants, grocery stores, and other businesses
- Write one or two grants per year.
- Help with fundraising events as they are developed